Join a like-minded agency team. We’re always on the lookout for new talent.
From driven designers to always-on account managers, we know the secret to our success is the hard work of our team. In-house or freelance, when you work with us, you’ll get an environment you can thrive in and – more importantly – fantastic projects that are worth getting excited about.
If you’re interested, read on for our current vacancies or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you a recruiter with an exceptional candidate up your sleeve? Please see our recruiters page.
Full-time, permanent, in-house position
The role is for a senior web developer working in a small team specialising in building websites / microsites and emails.
This role will provide the right candidate the opportunity to have an influence upon the agency’s technical direction and growth, therefore providing self development potential to become part of 1973’s management structure.
Responsibilities will include:
- Building websites / microsites / web applications with well-structured, responsive code
- Creating HTML5 / jQuery functionality and animations
- Creating PHP / MySQL solutions as required, and working with existing sites
- Working with automation software such as Eloqua and Marketo
- Constantly seeking out new technologies and keeping abreast of current trends, frameworks, environments, etc
- Developing cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions
- Working closely with design team to help inform the design process of best practices and production efficiencies
- Providing accurate timing estimates on work and meeting deadlines
- Working from Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign and XD source files as required
- Maintaining and analysing existing web sites
- Liaising with the wider team to understand what is possible or desirable to incorporate into the build to ensure a practical and user-friendly result
- Speaking or meeting with clients alongside an account manager to take on briefs and discuss ongoing projects would be a bonus
- Working with data as required to assist with segmentation and accurate contact targeting
Key Skills and Experience:
- Keen eye for matching design and adhering to brand guidelines
- Good understanding of web accessibility, UX and best practices
- Working in a clear and organized fashion to enable other team members to work with their files
- Logical, well thought out programming skills
- Up-to-date knowledge of current frameworks and practice
- Immersed in latest web styles / trends
- Ability to work to deadlines and budgets
- Meticulous attention to detail in checking their own work and the work of others
- Excellent communication skills and positive team attitude
- A can-do attitude that sees possible solutions instead of problems
Nice to have
- Experience building emails
- Experience working in open source CMS such as WordPress
- Experience of email automation platforms such as Eloqua or Marketo
- Experience using frameworks such as Angular, React etc
- Comfortable being in client facing meetings, backing up account managers
- Increased holiday allowance with length of service
- Pension scheme and contributions
- Flexibility and friendly culture of a smaller agency
- Varied workload and opportunities for training and growth
- A valued voice in the team
- Ownership of your work and career growth
- Outdoor gym, ping pong and bikes
- Up-to-date equipment and software
- Meals out and socials
Qualifications / experience
- 4+ years experience of a web programming position